I am ALIVE! hehe and Yes Currently I’m in Brunei Darussalam enjoying my summer break. I’m really sorry for the delay in posting any news of myself lately. One of the main reasons that I’ve been away from the blogging world because I’ve been keeping myself busy with work in general.
At this moment, I’m currently carrying out my summer internship at one of the well-known oil and gas companies over here. This has got to be the biggest challenge yet that I’ve faced so far ‘cos I never been experiencing anything outside in the working world beforehand. With being clueless of what to expect and now, I finally felt the pinch of working as to compare with studying. Which is waaaaayyy different.
So far, during my 3 weeks of stay, I’ve learned so much about the role of geology in the petroleum industry. Having close network relationships with the geophysicists and well engineers were one of the things that I notice in being able to carry out a project. Even though that I’m just a trainee over there, somehow I felt there’s a sense of welcome and belonging to the company. As the tasks that were given to me have shown that I hold a small responsibility to the company and that really made me motivated to try my best to produce an excellent work in the end.
I guess it safe to say that I’m really enjoying my time working overthere at the moment and I now know where my heart is for geology which is in the Petroleum industry. 🙂
I’ll post something about my trip in SPAIN when I’m really FREE from work.
So watch this space and Have a great WEEKEND!
Not “Salem” the cat from Sabrina the teenage witch. Haha this post is about a close friend of mine who was over at my place a couple of hours ago.
Yess… among of all friends who came over to MAnchester for a short visit is si Salam!
He’s currently studying in one of the prestigious universities in Malaysia undertaking Medicine. And he came all the way from Malaysia -> Brunei -> the U-K! for a holiday. How fortunate is that?! I bet it must have cost a fortune for his family to come all the way here and stay for such a long duration. Hehe
2 weeks ago, I was told by him that he’s getting married and all the shenanigans which I can’t believe that I fall for that!! In the end, he confesses to me that he was actually joking all along! HAHA I guess.. having not to hear news from friends from different places for a long time, would made us vulnerable to belief anything what they said. Haha
The 11 hours of catching up while cooking, shopping and doing the laundry was well worth it. After not seen or heard from him, ever since my first year in the UK, this guy did not change a single bit!! He still has the usual BLUR, RANDOM, ASKING TOO MUCH QUESTIONS personality which most of his friends back in the SOASC days would known him as Salam!
During his visit, I decided to make him Ikan Asam Pedas and Brunei’s famous Bergedel for lunch as a treat since he haven’t tasted any of my food yet. He actually loved the Ikan Asam Pedas more than anything else. HAHA *THANK MUM for teaching me!*
Before sending him off, we went over to Razy’s place to show where he lives and stuff. While at the same time, I was going to discuss some spain bits with Azrina which we end up watching Youtube instead! LOL.
Anyways, I wish him all the best in his future undertakings and I hope we could meet again with rest of SOASC lads. haha
anyway… im signing off! TOMORROW is the Pembrokshire Field Trip… and ALLOWANCE DAY! WOOT! hehe
Hey gang! Finally, I got the “initiatives” to blog! Hehe Im really glad that exam is finnaaaaalllyy over for my second year. Oh god, words couldn’t explain how my second year has been. Sleeping patterns have been distorted with the constant worry-ness about whether I will be able to finish up the assignments on time or not, not to mention about the exam schedule.
It was pretty hectic indeed. Imagine being able to start revising for the exam 3-4 days before the first paper?! haha not long after we finished handing in the last ever assignment of the semester, we were arranged by the university to do a first AID course. Pretty useful indeed and the main instructor was pretty funny, had a good laugh about all his jokes. haha
Exams were pretty good I have to say, with amount of days given to revise and my intensive revision scheme (i.e. studying from 10 a.m – 3 a.m, non-stop). Things worked out just fine except for some several hiccups along the way. To be honest, it was one situation that I wanna get out of. Being under pressure for most days to whether I was able to finish all my syllabus on time and being able to remember any of the important bits were THE HIGHLIGHT of the revision period. In conclusion: I hope 3rd year won’t be like what it was in my second year. haha
A day after my last paper, I decided to do a small BBQ with 2 of my friends for sake of enjoying the aftermath of the exam period. It was the FIRST time for myself as well to make a dim sum: Shumai. It tastes the same as at dynasty or whatever dim sum restaurants you’ve been in Brunei. Haha Other than that we made roti john and the BBQ wings where done at the park. Although, it was that sunny as it was earlier the day ‘cos we spent most of the time preparing the stuff in my flat but the food was good and it left us bloated at the end of the day. 🙂
Below are pictures from the BBQ:
some of the left over chicken wings
The next agenda for me is I have to start packing my stuff because I have to leave my current hall before the 10th June which when I leave to Spain. But aside from, I have a short 6 days field trip to Wales to do some sedimentary logging. Hehe
and finalllyyy after the 7 weeks in Spain. Will be heading of insya ALLAH to Brunei early August.
Hope all is well with u all.
this wont be my last post. 🙂
MY LAST EXAM PAPER EVEEERRRRRR FOR MY 2ND YEAR WILL END IN A FEW HOURS!!! WOOTTTTTTTT!
Thanks 13thAngle for the tag!
Here’s the dough straight from the horse’s mouth..
1. How are you feeling right now?
– having the mixed emotion, with exams coming soon and so little time for revision. I wonder how I can pull of a rabbit from the hat now . . .
2. Where will you go if someone sponsors you a tour ticket?
– tour to the moon. Haha That would be awesome! But reality, it has got to be the tour around the Grand Canyon. I’ve seen photos of a friend of mine who did her project overthere and the photos were just stunning!
3. What’s your favorite thing to do?
– haha obvious it has to be cooking. Other than that, photography and looking at rocks! 😛
4. Do you think money can buy happiness?
– I agree but the happiness won’t last that long.
5. If you can have one dream to come true, what would it be
– to be successful in life (I know its lame)
6. Do you believe you can survive without money?
– Not in this world, thats for sure. Money makes the world go round!
7. What are you afraid to lose the most?
– I know this is silly, but the one think that I’m afraid to lose is my DEBIT CARD! I don’t think I wouldn’t survive without it! HAHAHA
8. If you win $1 million, what would you do?
– Keep for future investment. I might buy a country! who knows
9. What is the most recent embarrassing thing you have done?
– Constantly fell as we got our way down from the notorious snowy Glen Coe, Scotland.
10. List out 3 good points of the person who tagged you?
– She’s the coolest cousin there is
– hasss loooaddss of stories to tell
11. What makes you happy?
– Good grades andd. . . . . . money (?) haha
12. What type of person do you hate the most?
– the TWO FACE ones – their the worst creatures there is on face of this planet
13. What is your ambition?
-To be a sedimentology + abit of palaeontology and part time chef! lol
14. What did you regret doing?
– I dont think there is one at the moment.
15. What do you think is the most important thing in your life?
– no matter how difficult and complicated life can be my mum is always there to advise and hear it out.
16. If you were a car/bike what would it be?
– Land rover
17. If you have a chance, which part of your character would you like to change?
– my short concentration span. One minute I’m paying attention then another minute, my mind would wonder of elsewhere.
18. What music have you been listening to recently?
– Punk Rock babyyyyyyyy..
19. What is your least favourite animal?
– any sea creatures would do.
20. What is your ultimate addiction?
– Facebook. It worse than friendster!
Instructions: Remove 1 question from above, and add in your personal question, make it a total of 20 questions, then tag 8 people in your list, list them out at the end of this post. Notify them in their chat box that he/she has been tagged.
World of pablo!
It’s here! I’ve been keeping an eye on this book for a few months now and I got a bargain price of the book on Amazon! Its a story about the discovery of one of the rarest of all dinosaur specimens – a dinosaur mummy! It’s written by my very own palaeontology lecturer; Dr. Phil Manning. How cool is that?! Haha
I’ve never been soo fascinated about these prehistoric creatures stories back then. I guess, I might have caught some of the “manning” magic this time. Haha wouldn’t it be cool if there is such dinosaur fossils that is yet to be found in Brunei?
hmmm.. time will tell.
I should have said it for a loong time. I’m taking a break from blogging as of now. Hence, due to the lack of posts nowadays. *cringes* Ever since the Easter field trip, everyday has been really an emotion roller coaster ride for myself. Well I bet most 2nd years would ever come to the road that I’m facing right now. There seemed to be endless of datelines reports to settle with, not to mention all the sorta-last minute test each week that we’re getting. Its crazy indeed.
Exams are approaching as well and I have to finish off all of the projects being assigned so that I could concentrate on the revision. I promise you, you won’t hear the last of me. I will posts whenever I get the chance.
Before I go, Thank you to those who linked my blog. I will try to link back as soon as possible. Thank you for the comments as well, just keep them coming! 🙂
Good Luck to those who are sitting for their term examination. Let’s kick some papers arse! Ooh! Ooh! I notice that some people are already counting the days of going home and I’m nooo way near yet. Cos I got a whole 3 months * I think * left.
Take Care now!